Race Director Patrice Matamoros explains, “It’s a coup for us to have Meb agree to come to Pittsburgh so soon after he’ll compete in Boston. He won’t be running; instead, he’ll be helping others to run their personal best. His triumphant story of repeatedly overcoming adversity to become one of the finest long distance runners in America’s history is extraordinary, and his message to runners and anyone, is to strive for excellence and overcome all odds!”
If you want to get up close with Meb, you’ll have several opportunities. Meb will open the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo; address high school athletes at the Tri State Track Coaches Association Meet at West Mifflin High School; and even try to keep up with local children during the Kids Marathon 1-Mile Fun Run, presented by Trib Total Media.
Meb will be available for photos and to sign autographs at the New Harvest™ booth at the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo. New Harvest™ is a fish-free, vegetarian supplement that offers the benefits of the Omega-3 fatty acid EPA without the taste of fish and without PCB’s, mercury, lead or cadmium. “There is a new option for Americans who want the benefits of fish oil without the fish,” says nutrition expert Jenna Bell, Ph.D., R.D. Stop by the New Harvest™ booth to learn more and receive a free New Harvest™ sports bag, or visit www.newharvest.com.
Highlights of Meb’s exciting appearance in Pittsburgh include:
Friday, April 30, 11:00 a.m.:
• Meb will cut the ribbon to signal the grand opening of the 3-day GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo, and sign autographs at the New Harvest™ booth
Saturday, May 1:
• Meb will address hundreds of high school athletes at the Tri State Track Coaches Association meet at West Mifflin High School
• At approximately 10:00 am, Meb hopes to keep stride with Pittsburgh children in the Kids Marathon 1-mile Fun Run
• Meb will sign autographs at the New Harvest™ booth at the Expo, and address runners at the final training seminar, 2:00 p.m. at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Rooms 317-318
Sunday, May 2:
• Meb will speak from the Start Line of the Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon and FedEx Ground Pittsburgh Marathon Relay