- Mutai Wins Boston Marathon In Fastest Time Ever Run — Ryan Hall finishes fourth in 2:04:58, the fastest marathon ever run by an American.
- Kilel Outkicks Davila In Thrilling Women’s Finish – The American was in the hunt for victory all the way to the finish line.
- Desiree Davila: “I had to keep it honest.” — The Hansons-Brooks runner discussed her strategy to hold the fire to the feet of her fellow contenders.
- Ryan Hall On His Winter Training: “I didn’t even like running.” — Despite a shaky start, Hall makes a thrilling return to world-class fitness and runs one of the fastest marathons ever.
- Want To Qualify For Boston? Check Out These Races! — If your goal is to toe the start line at the world’s oldest marathon next year, check out these races known for their fast courses.
- You Can Qualify For the 2012 Boston Marathon: 10 Steps To Get You Started – Learn a few lessons from this year’s race and get started now.
- RunCenter Update: 2011 Boston Marathon Post-Race Wrap Up — Mario Fraioli and Matt Fitzgerald wrap up the most exciting Boston Marathon in history, where Kenyan Geoffrey Mutai ran the fastest marathon ever, 2:03:02.
- RunCenter Update: B.A.A. 5K/Mile Recap & Boston Marathon Race Previews — Mario Fraioli and Matt Fitzgerald recap the B.A.A. 5K and Invitational Miles, then discuss who’s worth watching at Monday’s Boston Marathon.
- B.A.A. 5K Post-Race Interview With Bobby Curtis — We had a quick word with Bobby Curtis after his second-place finish at the B.A.A. 5K on Sunday of Boston Marathon weekend.
- Andy Baddeley: “He earned that gap by rite.” — B.A.A. Men’s Invitational Mile winner Andy Baddeley discusses his race alongside second-place finisher, high school phenom Lukas Verzbicas.
- Lukas Verzbicas: “With 400 to go I just went for it.” — We caught up with high school phenom Lukas Verzbicas after his runner-up finish in the B.A.A. Men’s Invitational Mile on Sunday of Boston Marathon Weekend.
- Post-Race Interview With B.A.A. Invitational Mile Winner Marina Muncan — Marina Muncan came out on top in a thrilling blanket finish at the B.A.A. Invitational Mile on Sunday in Boston.
- Anna Willard: “I thought maybe I could have won.” — Anna Willard, gives us her take on her second-place finish in the B.A.A. Women’s Invitational Mile on Sunday of Boston Marathon weekend.
- Ben True: “I was confident in my kick.” — We spoke with Ben True, who broke the tape in 14:07 to win the B.A.A. 5K on Sunday of Boston Marathon weekend.
- Lineth Chepkurui: “I’m looking forward to being back again.” — We spoke with the women’s winner of the B.A.A. 5K after her course-record breaking performance of 15:52 on Sunday.
- RunCenter Update: What Makes The Boston Marathon So Special? — Mario Fraioli checks in from the Boston Marathon expo where thousands of runners picked up their race numbers on Saturday.
- Kara Goucher Inspires Hundreds At Boston Marathon — She connected with her fans at an autograph signing Saturday morning at NikeTown Boston.
- RunCenter Update: Pre-Race With Kara Goucher – Mario Fraioli and special guest co-host Kara Goucher talk about the loaded women’s field at Monday’s Boston Marathon and Matt Fitzgerald gives us his picks for the men’s race.
- Robert Cheruiyot: “I want to win the race. I don’t feel fit but I try my best.” — We spoke with the defending champion at Friday’s Boston Marathon pre-race press conference. Is he really not fit or trying to bluff the men’s field?
- Ryan Hall: “I’ll be ready for anyone.” – Last year’s fourth-place finisher is ready to race at Monday’s Boston Marathon.
- Desiree Davila: “There’s always some surprises out there.” – We caught up with the darkhorse from the Hansons-Brooks Distance Project on Friday before the race.
- Alistair Cragg: “I’m going to run with my head for 20-21 miles, then let it go.” – The Irishman is ready to tackle 26.2 miles for the first time on Monday at the Boston Marathon.
- Kim Smith: “The goal is to do what I can to win.” – We caught up with New Zealand’s Kim Smith on Friday at the Boston Marathon pre-race press conference.
- History Of The Boston Marathon Course – The 26.2-mile stretch of road between Hopkinton and Boston is the most fabled course in marathoning. In this video, we take a look at the storied history of the Boston Marathon course.
- Training Day With Ryan Hall – We spent a day in Flagstaff, Arizona with Ryan Hall as he performed his last big workout before the Boston Marathon on April 18: a 15-mile tempo run on Lake Mary Road.
- This Year’s Boston Battles Could Be Fiercest Ever — Deep fields highlight both races.
- The Great Experiment: Exclusive Pre-Race Interview With Ryan Hall — The owner of the fastest time ever recorded by an American at the Boston Marathon (2:08:41) assesses his new approach to running on the eve of his third attempt to win the world’s oldest marathon.
- Who Will Be The Top American Woman At Boston? — Who ya got? Kara Goucher, Desiree Davila, or Blake Russell?
Back In Boston: Exclusive Interview With Joan Benoit Samuelson — The American running legend is as passionate as ever.
Meet Kara Goucher & Get A Signed Copy Of Competitor Magazine — She’ll be at NikeTown Boston on Newbury Street at 8:30 on Saturday morning.
- Does Desiree Davila Have The Answer At Boston? — The fourth-fastest American marathoner in history has made a career of flying under the radar.
- Out There: How To Be A Spectacular Spectathlete — The Boston Marathon, running’s Super Bowl, is known for having some of the craziest Spectathletes. Learn how to take your spectating to a whole new level!
- Can’t Touch This: Why Change Never Ruins The Boston Marathon — Despite doing new things every year, it will always be the same old race.
- Countdown To Patriots Day — Kara Goucher is counting down the days to her Boston Marathon return.
- Time To Shut The Brain Off – Ryan Hall shares how he puts his mind at rest in the week leading up to his big race.
- I Am Not Afraid – Kara Goucher blogs about fighting fear and staying strong when things get tough during next Monday’s Boston Marathon.
- Boston Marathon Weekend: B.A.A. 5K — Have a look at these great images from Sunday morning’s B.A.A. 5K.
- Ryan Hall’s Training Day – Check out these great photos from before, during and after Ryan Hall’s last big workout before the Boston Marathon.
- Racing The Boston Marathon: Your Race-Day Plan — Running Doc offers some advice to ensure you have a good day at Boston.
- Boston Marathon Race-Week Survival Tips — Use these five simple strategies to make your Boston Marathon race-week experience less nerve-racking.
- Tapering: Make Sure To Relax A Week Out – All the hard work is done. Time to take it easy!
- Running 101: Race Fueling Made Simple – Staying hydrated and fueled during races is not as complicated as you might think.
FILED UNDER: Boston Marathon / Boston Marathon News / Race Coverage / Video TAGS: Gebre Gebremariam / Kara Goucher / Photos / pre-race coverage / Race Coverage / race day coverage / race previews / Ryan Hall / Teyba Erkesso