The event’s Corporate Cup Challenge winners were honored at the Denver Athletic Club.
From: Running USA
DENVER — The winning teams in the Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon Corporate Cup Challenge were honored at a breakfast at the Denver Athletic Club on Monday morning, August 15. Local companies put together five person teams to run the 26.2 mile race on May 15, 2011. 77 teams participated in Denver’s only corporate relay race. Kaiser Permanente awarded a total of $23,000 to local charities on behalf of the winning teams.
Team / Award Money / Charity
Companies with most Corporate Cup teams / participants:
1) UPS, $4000 – Children’s Hospital Foundation
2) Dean Evans and Associates, $2500 – Children’s Hospital Foundation
3) Saunders Construction, $1500 – Family Homestead
Fastest teams (all men):
1) Team Encana, 2:58:05, $2500 – The Family Tree
2) Johnson Control, 3:17:35, $1500 – Children’s Hospital Foundation
3) Black Mambas (Dean Evans and Associates), 3:30:13, $1500 – Hospice of St. John
Fastest teams (all women):
1) Denver Athletic Club Women, 3:47:48, $2500 – Mile High Squash
2) Allonill, $1500 – Autism Society of Colorado
3) The Cereal Killers (Dean Evans and Associates), $1500 – American Cancer Society
Fastest teams (mixed):
1) The Hyatt Riot (Hyatt), 3:11:26, $2500 – Special Olympics of Colorado
2) Matrix Design Group A (Matrix Design), 3:16:49, $1500 – Cancer League of Colorado
3) Noble Energy, 3:26:15, $1500 – Tennyson Center for Children
The sixth Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon took place May 14-15, 2011 and included the full marathon, half-marathon and marathon relay, as well as the new Colfax 5K and kid’s race. Established by the cities of Aurora, Denver and Lakewood to encourage Coloradans to be healthier, the marathon has established itself as an iconic race for the mile-high city. The race supports local charities and nonprofits by providing one of the country’s biggest fund-raising platforms through the DaVita Charity Partners Program.