- New to its product line for 2012, GU introduces electrolyte drink tablets (which we're excited about because some of our editors are electrolyte tab obsessed). We sampled the pink grapefruit and lemon-lime flavors. Pink grapefruit was our fave.
- Traditionally Honey Stinger has marketed to elite cyclists, but we think runners would dig the company's signature Organic Stinger Waffles, too. They've just released a new strawberry flavor, which we liked, and honey, which we liked better. These little waffle morsels are packed with all the nutrition you need for a long workout.
- Yum, yum, yum is all we can say about Clif's chocolate almond coconut Mojo bar (we liked the peanut butter flavor, too). Sweet and salty with a burst of coconut is all you can ask for after a tough workout.
- These organic, raw, vegan meal replacements are amazingly tasty for a dense nutrition bar. We liked it's most popular flavor, Whole Berry Blast, which is in Probar's original line of bars.
- Look out fruit lovers! The company's new Fruition line of fruit-based snack bars rock the taste buds. Our fave was chocolate orange, but it comes in six other flavors. We also appreciated that this bar contains the super seed, chia.
A sneak peek at what’s new on the nutrition front for 2012.
The 2012 Outdoor Retailer Winter Market retailer trade show in Salt Lake City Jan. 24-27 boasted thousands of new products destined for retail shelves in 2012.
The Competitor editors combed the aisles of the trade show floor scouting the latest in nutrition for runners and endurance athletes.
Here are a few tasty grab and gos we think you’ll like as much as we did!