Table of Contents
- Fall 2012 Trail Running Shoe Review
- adidas Adizero XT 4, $100
- Altra ZeroDrop Superior, $95
- ASICS Gel-Scout, $120
- Avia Avi Bolt XZR II, $100
- Brooks Adrenaline ASR 9, $120
- Dynafit Feline Superlight GTX, $160
- ECCO Biom Trail GTX, $200
- Helly Hansen Rabbora Trail, $110
- Inov-8 Trailroc 25, $120
- Karhu Forward 3 Trail WP, $140
- Merrell Mix Master Aeroblock $120
- Mizuno Wave Ascend 7, $105
- New Balance 1010, $110
- Patagonia Forerunner RS, $125
- Saucony Kinvara TR, $100
- Salomon XT Wings 3, $140
- Scarpa Tempo, $115
Helly Hansen Rabbora Trail, $110
12.0 oz. (m), 10.0 oz. (w)
Fit: Testers liked how their heels fit snugly in the deep heel pocket, while the overall fit was generous and best suited to wider feet.
Feel: “Like a foul weather jacket for your feet – crazy waterproof” according to one tester, who also appreciated the higher than traditional ankle collar for its additional abrasion protection and support.
Ride: Given the relative stoutness of the Rabbora, testers found the medium drop ride to be surprisingly nimble, with decent trail feel, forefoot flexion and responsiveness. Heel strikers appreciated the rounded heel and full-foot support, while all testers enjoyed the good under foot protection and sturdy toe bumper.