Belarus’ Nastassia Padalinskay was the women’s winner.
From: Running USA
DALLAS — Vladimir Safranov of Russia and Nastassia Padalinskaya of Belarus won the 43rd MetroPCS Dallas Marathon, benefiting Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. The event recorded 4,866 finishers in the marathon race, 9,872 in the half-marathon.
In the marathon, Safranov was victorious in 2 hours, 19 minutes and 38 seconds after taking the lead for the final four miles, besting second place finisher Joseph Mutinda of Kenya by nearly a minute. Abraham Kogo of Kenya finished third.
In the women’s race, Padalinskaya of Belarus was victorious in 2:43:55. Second place finisher Michelle Suszek was more than ten minutes behind. Mickale Davis of Fairfax, Va. was third.
In the half-marathon, Andrew Letherby, 39, of Pflugerville, Texas was victorious in 1:09:45. Ashley Johnson, 31, won the women’s race in 1:21:36.
Iin the spirit of the holiday season, the winner of the team relay was Santa’s Speedy Helpers No. 1 in 2:44:17.
43rd MetroPCS Dallas Marathon
Dallas, TX, Sunday,, Dec. 9, 2012
1) Vladimir Safranov, RUS, 2:19:38
2) Joseph Mutinda, KEN, 2:20:35
3) Abraham Kogo, KEN, 2:26:16
4) Eric Chirchir, KEN, 2:26:50
5) Fred Mogaka Tumbo, KEN, 2:27:56
1) Nastassia Padalinskaya, BLR, 2:43:55
2) Michelle Suszek, USA,2:53:57
3) Mickale Davis, USA, 2:54:24
4) Sarah Kiptoo, KEN, 2:56:35
5) Anita Quirino, USA, 3:00:08