No athletes have dropped out due to security concerns.
Showing solidarity for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing, no elite athletes scheduled to run Sunday’s London Marathon have withdrawn the race.
This news was confirmed by London’s Chief Executive Nick Bitel.
“We’re confident in the arrangements that are being put in place, so we don’t see any reason why we would pull anyone out,” said a spokesman for the sports management company representing double-Olympic gold medalist Mo Farah.
Farah is scheduled to run the first half of the race on Sunday.
Also in the mix is the Olympic champion in last year’s marathon, Stephen Kiprotich of Uganda.
Kenya’s Wilson Kipsang, last year’s London Marathon champion, will be on the start line as well.
Bitel said he’s been meeting with police and other security officials since the Boston bombing.
“The support we have been offered by our stakeholders and the wider running community has been outstanding,” he said. “We have the full support of the Metropolitan Police, the Mayor’s office and other authorities.”
For More: The Telegraph