Table of Contents
- Isomeric 16oz and Isomeric Race 20oz.
- Ultimate Direction Fastdraw Extreme 20oz.
- CamelBak Quick Grip with Podium Chill Bottle 20oz.
- UltrAspire Omega 70oz.
- Ultimate Direction Signature Series AK Race 40oz., SJ Ultra Vest 40oz.
- Geigerrig Rig 500 70oz.
- CamelBak Marathoner 70oz. and Ultra LR Vest 70oz.
- SteriPen Freedom
- Aquamira Frontier Pro and Frontier Emergency Filter
Distance running requires access to water and thankfully I have yet to see a corner store pop up on the bend of my trail runs. Since minimalism is such a hot topic, inspired by the Geigerrig, we also decided to test out some lightweight water filters and purifiers.
SteriPen Freedom $119.95
Features: Clean drinking water is essential for anyone and this micro sized UV purifier is pretty nifty. It purifies 16 ounces of water in 48 seconds and destroys over 99.9 percent of bacteria, viruses and protozoa such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium. It was great for sharing on a group run, while carrying handhelds that could be refilled out on the trail from streams and rivers. It’s also lightweight enough that no one minded carrying it. Its USB charger can be plugged into your computer or wall anywhere. An excellent option for travel running.
Cons: If the water is too dirty, it requires pre-filtration before the SteriPen can be used. The company does offer a filter assembly that one can also easily carry along but it is an extra step.