Table of Contents
- Rock/Creek Scenic City Trail Marathon & 1/2 Marathon
- 7 Sisters Trail Race
- Don’t Fence Me In Trail Run
- Dipsea Race
- Loon Mountain Race
- TransRockies Run
- Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Shut-In Ridge Trail Run
- Moab Trail Marathon
- Living History Farms Off-Road Race
- XTERRA Trail Running World Championships
- The North Face Endurance Challenge
June; Mill Valley to Stinson Beach, Calif.
The oldest trail race in the U.S. delivers a winning trifecta of a challenging course, awe-inspiring scenery, and a quirky vibe. First run in 1905, the route includes climbs up steep steps, rolling trail through redwood and fern forests, tight singletrack and a roller coaster–esque descent to the finish line. Due to course limitations, only a lucky 1,500 entrants get to run the race each year (registration opens in late March and will fill quickly). Podium contenders are anybody’s guess due to a unique handicapping and starting wave system that sends the slowest runners off first and the fastest runners last. This race also accepts “sob stories” from runners eager to be accepted.