The Briton said he is not ready to race again after making his 26.2-mile debut in April.
Mo Farah is apparently still tired from his marathon debut in London last month.
The British runner was scheduled to compete in Sunday’s Bupa London 10,000 on Sunday but he withdrew this week, saying he is not ready to race again.
Farah’s agent Ricky Simms confirmed the news in a statement from race organizers: “Mo has decided not to compete in the Bupa London 10,000 because he is not yet ready to race after the London Marathon. He took a few weeks off training, went on holiday and just resumed jogging 10 days ago. He’s looking forward to being a guest at the events.”
Farah, who won gold medals in the 5000m and 10,000m at the 2012 London Olympics, made his 26.2-mile debut at the London Marathon on April 13. He finished eighth, stopping the clock in 2:08:21. The time was a new record for an English athlete.
“I would have been disappointed to do my first marathon somewhere else. I gave it my all but I just wish I gave a little bit more to the crowd and all the supporters,” Farah said in a BBC story at the time.
RELATED: Getting To Know The Real Mo Farah
“It was pretty tough. I’m quite disappointed but you try things and if they don’t work, at least you gave it a go. It was really just the pace—I should have gone with the front group. The pacemakers I had were slightly ahead of me but you learn—life goes on.”
Farah is scheduled to compete at Sainsbury’s Glasgow Grand Prix and the Commonwealth Games in July.
For More: Daily Mail