Table of Contents
1) Tera Moody’s 15 Mile Marathon-Paced Workout
- The Workout: “I would say one that makes me feel ready is a 15 mile marathon paced run in the middle of an 18-20 mile run.”
- The Confidence: “It’s so intimidating when I start but after its over I feel really ready because I figure if I can handle 15 miles at race pace solo and untapered I am ready to go.”
- The Results: Moody placed fifth in the 2008 US Olympic Marathon trials and now holds a 2:30:53 PR for the event.
- Why it Works: Moody likes to do this workout on the treadmill because, “I train mostly alone and find it really hard to do this type of run solo. The treadmill helps keep me on pace and since I’ve done it that way several times I can compare the times.”