A raft of research trumpets the antioxidants in tart cherries for improving exercise recovery, mainly by limiting inflammation and muscle damage in the body. These cocktail-inspired popsicles are a refreshing way to work both recovery-boosting tart cherry juice and protein-laced Greek yogurt into your post-workout routine. They are also a great treat for kids after a sports practice. On the flip side, if you want to make these slightly boozy, mix a couple tablespoons of rum into the cherry mixture.
Cherry Mojito Popsicles Recipe
Freezer-Friendly, Gluten-free, Paleo-friendly, Vegan or Vegetarian
Active Time: 15 min.
- 1¼ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1¼ cups tart cherry juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Stir together yogurt, honey, and lime zest. In a separate bowl, stir together cherry juice, lime juice, and mint.
- Spoon two alternate layers of yogurt and cherry mixture into each popsicle mold. Insert popsicle sticks into the molds and freeze until solid, about 6 hours.
- To unmold the popsicles, run the mold under warm water for a few seconds, being careful not to thaw the pops. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Note: You can also use tart cherry concentrate for this recipe. Simply combine 3 tablespoons of the syrupy concentrate with 1¼ cups water.