- Shoe Type: Trail
- Gender: male
- Shoe Weight: 9.9 oz (Size 9.0)
- Heel Toe Drop: 0 mm
- MSRP: $110.00
- Website: http://www.altrazerodrop.com
- Additional Information: The forefoot of the Lone Peak has a unique, bulbous shape that gives a runner’s toes and forefoot arch room to spread out upon impact with the ground. Otherwise, the shoe fits semi-snug in the heel and locked-down tight at the midfoot. The most distinct aspect you feel is the shoe’s “zero-drop” platform, meaning the foot sits precisely level inside the shoe. The Lone Peak flexes easily and rides smooth, stable and securely on most terrain, though it borders on being too firm when running on harder surfaces.
- By Brian Metzler
- Published Jul. 13, 2012
- Updated Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM UTC
Find the best Fit, Feel and Ride for the trails you run and how you run them.
- By Mario Fraioli
- Published Jan. 17, 2012
- Updated Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM UTC
In this edition of Shoe Talk, get a look at a new, rugged zero-drop trail running shoe from Altra called the Lone Peak.