- Shoe Type: Trail
- Gender: male
- Shoe Weight: 7.0 oz (Size 9.0)
- Heel Toe Drop: NA
- MSRP: $115.00
- Website: http://www.lasportiva.com
- Additional Information: The Vertical K fits super-snug throughout, to the point that some runners preferred a shoe a half-size larger than what they normally wear. That snugness does add to the agility, but it can also put your toes in harm’s way on technical trails strewn with rocks and other debris. Fast and free sum up the ride of this shoe. It has an ample amount of soft foam cushioning, but not so much that it inhibits the feel for the trail. It doesn’t have much structure at all, so any stability has to come from a runner’s strength, agility and balance. One of the only downfalls of this shoe is that it doesn’t have a rockplate built into the midsole, which means, on more technical trails with jagged rocks, you can feel every sharp rock under foot.
- By Brian Metzler
- Published Jul. 13, 2012
- Updated Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM UTC
Find the best Fit, Feel and Ride for the trails you run and how you run them.
- By Mario Fraioli
- Published Apr. 6, 2012
- Updated Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:58 PM UTC
Check out this 6.5-ounce trail running shoe from La Sportiva, made to fly up and down the trickiest of terrain!