Charles Beiseman and Nuta Olaru win accompanying marathon.
ST. LOUIS, MO – With ideal running weather setting the course for the day, participants of all levels rocked the streets of St. Louis at the second annual TASK Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis Marathon & ½ Marathon presented by the Quinn Family Charitable Fund on Sunday, Oct. 21, 2012.
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series returned to St. Louis for its second running, with attending runners from 49 states and 17 countries. The marathon and half marathon started across from City Hall and concluded downtown with a finish line festival and concert with headliners 3OH!3 and K’NAAN.
Dustin Emerick from Evansville, IN, was the first across the finish line, covering the 13.1-mile half marathon course in 1 hour, 8 minutes, while Kimi Reed of Brookline, MO, was crowned the women’s half-marathon winner with a time of 1:17:19.
“It was very hilly, but the energy was fun,” said Emerick, who is in his last semester at the University of Southern Indiana and works at a local running store. “I really enjoyed the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon experience, it’s definitely been the most fun race I’ve run.”
“I was hanging on to a pack of three guys until mile eight, then the last half of the race was a little lonely,” said Reed, who is in her last year at Rockhurst University.
Men’s marathon winner, Charles Beiseman from De Soto, MO, ran uncontested for the duration of the 26.2-mile course, with a time of 2:32:41. Nuta Olaru, of Denver, CO, took first place among the women’s marathon runners at 2:49:29.
“About six or seven miles into it, I put a gap between me and the second place runner. From there I just ran my race and ran what felt good,” said Beiseman, who placed 7th at last year’s TASK Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis race and ran his third marathon today. “This race is really well put together and a good run all around. I like hearing motivational music and cheering spectators along the way and the cyclists help out a lot too.”
For complete results, photos and more, visit: runrocknroll.competitor.com/st-louis
Results – TASK Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis Marathon & ½ Marathon
Sunday, Oct. 21, 2012
Place, Name, Age, Country, Time, Prize
Men’s Full Marathon
1. Charles Beiseman, 31, De Soto, MO, 2:32:41, $1,000
2. Shane Logan, 34, Clarkston, MI, 2:34:36, $500
3. Matt Hoyes, 38, Bardstown, KY, 2:43:53, $250
Women’s Full Marathon
1. Nuta Olaru, 42, Denver, CO, 2:49:29, $1,000
2. Emily Kurian, 29, Madison, WI, 2:55:30, $500
3. Amy Landes, 40, Glendale, MO, 3:10:16, $250
Men’s Half Marathon
1. Dustin Emerick, 23, Evansville, IN, 1:08:00, $1,000
2. Scott Mindel, 26, New London, CT, 1:10:30, $500
3. Thomas Albes, 23, St. Louis, MO, 1:12:17, $250
Women’s Half Marathon
1. Kimi Reed, 24, Brookline, MO, 1:17:19, $1,000
2. Jackie Pirtie Hall, 30, St. Charles, MO, 1:20:20, $500
3. Sydney Messick, 30, St. Charles, MO, 1:21:48, $250